Friday, February 24, 2006

DINK

Yes, you read that correctly...DINK (Double Income No Kids). We are now both employed.

I believe in the power of positive thinking...I believe in prayer...but, most importantly, I believe in my marriage. We have been through a very rough past couple of years and we are finally getting the chance to surface for air. We only knew each other less than a month before I proposed to him and we got married six months to the day that we met. He is definitely the man I was supposed to marry. I have been on an emotional roller-coaster for quite a while. I have been stressed, angry, resentful, sad, depressed and probably any other negative emotion you could possibly think of. He allowed me to yell, cry, and pretty much be a complete psycho bitch. I love him with all of my heart and I know that we will have a lasting marriage. He is my best friend.

Thank you Jess and KarEnna for being there for me the other day. Thanks also to all my buddies for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

Side note: I just read about Stef and Russ' situation. It is rough as hell going through something like that. I know from experience. Please put them in your thoughts and prayers.

3 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger KC said...

I didn't know things were so crazy for you lately. Glad they are getting better. Positive thinking - powerful stuff there. Glad you've got some great support, both at home and otherwise.

p.s. thanks for checking in on me sometimes via e-mail, even through all your own personal turmoil. You are truly a selfless person!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger zooman said...

That's such great news for you guys. Susan was very tolerant of me when we were in the same situation when we first started out. I know this will make things a lot easier for you guys and life will seem that much better.I am so happy for you Mel,
Troy.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger carolakabb said...

just keep swimming, just keep swimming (lol, since you don't have kids you may not know that quote is courstey of Dori in Finding Nemo). Anyway, it is a good philosophy. Glad to know things are working through. I think that is so cool that you proposed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counters

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones