Saturday, January 07, 2006

Time....where does it go?

How many times have you asked yourself "Didn't I just do that?" or "Where did the day go?" I continually ask myself these questions. I knew that it had been a while since I last spoke with my dad but I didn't realize how long it had been until he pointed out the actual date. It's been too long. My mom is always saying "You never call anymore." I always respond with "I just spoke with you last week." I'll even look at my blog and realize that it's been over a week since I posted. Well, apparently, my perception of time is off. I know that I am not the only one who goes through this but I think that depression/stress adds a lot to it. You can go through the daily motions...ie., go to work, eat, sleep (sleep some more)...yet never really appreciate the amount of time that has passed. We have managed to close ourselves off from the rest of the world. This is unacceptable behavior. We want to reclaim our lives. I am still praying for a miracle.

Oh, yeah, to top it off....if you haven't heard.....I feel like POO. Somebody gave me some ICK and I would totally appreciate it if they would keep that crap to themselves. I am a germaphobe...not as bad as Howie Mandel....but pretty close. It first started out as a sore throat (the kind you get from sinus drainage) but it wouldn't go away. I took some cold pills and I felt fine. I went to work, came home, went to bed, and woke up after 4 hours feeling like dog crap....which I can only imagine is bad because it smells so retched. The ICK was in my lungs and I was wheezing chunky breaths. Woo hoo. I've got instantaneous pneumonia! No, not really...but, it sounded good. I went to see the doctor and the doctor said..."no more monkeys jumping on the bed." Okay, I am feeling a little better. Ooops ADD again. Anyhoo, he thinks I have an upper respiratory infection that it will get worse before it gets better (Bonus!) but that it's viral and it will have to ride itself out. BUT, he proceeded to write me a prescription for Amoxicillin for anything bacterial. Dig this....2-500 mg capsules twice a day. That's 2,000 mg (for my mathematically-challenged friends) a day. What the hell does he think I may have or could get????? I think that could take down a horse. I have never taken that much before (that I can recall anyway). Oh well. As long is the ICK vacates my body and does not leave me with a UTI, I will be good to go.

I have noticed that a lot, okay....ALL, of my blends are doing well with diet and exercise. I applaud you. I promise to eventually catch up.

4 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Christie said...

Hey girl, I am sorry you got the ick...and DAMN that does sound like alot of amoxicillan for something you may or may not get...sheesh, I will be praying for NO UTI!! Now come on and catch up already!!! I'll even wait for ya...

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger zooman said...

O.K. I'm off today, not bored, but had to check to see if you are feeling better. You feeling better?
Gotta go, running out of time, lol, can't wait til you catch up,
Troy

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Hope you are feeling better!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

whoa! I hope you feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counters

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones