Friday, December 02, 2005

My trip to Kroger...

I hope that there is a Kroger Executive out there, somewhere, reading this....

I decided to go to my favorite place to shop. Even though I think that the idea of having Kroger Plus prices is so insanely stupid....I mean just charge that price for gosh sakes. Oooooh, I'm special because I took the time to fill out some application just to get those prices...but....I digress...I wanted to get some ingredients to make some of the EFL soups. Don't get excited. I'm still a chubby butt and haven't gotten back on the wagon yet.....again....I digress....(damn ADHD). I went to the creamer aisle to see if they had the new Creamette creamers....egg nog, gingerbread, and I forget what the third one is. The shelf is barely stocked, no new creamers. But then a glimmer of hope appeared. The stock boy went past with....could it be.....maybe.....? I went down the aisle that he was in and started to smile pretty big....

"You wouldn't happen to have......Ohhhhh, you do! When will you be putting the creamers out?"

"When I am finished with this."

Okay, no offer to let me pick one out. Okay, I'll just wait. So, I waited.....and I waited. Would you believe that dumb SOB never did come stock the creamer. He walked right past me and kind of glanced my way. If he was putting them somewhere else he sure as hell didn't tell me. I mean...come on....my giddiness is so unbelievably infectious (kind of like herpes). Couldn't he see how excited I was? How dare he deny me of my frickin' holiday creamer!!! Well, Bucko, if you're out there....I hope you have a sucky holiday season and that you get dog shit in your stocking, Mo Fo!!!!

Now, as I was leaving the store, there was a guy playing holiday songs on his clarinet. It sounded really pretty....right up until he messed up a few notes and mumbled "aaaaah shht." Couldn't quite tell if it was shoot or shit but it was funnier than hell.

Well, my day could have been worse. I could have been the woman I just passed that had her white scarf hanging out of her car door :)

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger KC said...

Ha ha...I was already laughing when I read your title.

I feel you sister. I frequently find trips to the store to be infuriating. I've been known, when PMS-ing, to mid-shop, leave my cart in the middle of the store and run out crying over the lack of edible fresh produce. I'm mostly annoyed by other shoppers though. I'm going to have to write some grocery shopping sagas on my own blog.

Anyway, glad it's not just me. :)

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Christie said...

I don't have a nice thought to post, so I will keep it to myself...lol...what the hell, I would have tripped the little punk, and grabbed the creamer myself...wow...I think I might have eaten bitchy pops today...

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

there isn't a store out here that doesn't make you sign up for a card.. Safeway, Albertson's, Ralphs... they all do it.

As far as the rude stock boy... he sounds like he needs a spanking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counters

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones