Sunday, December 18, 2005

Sleepin' good

It's about doggone time. We had to get a new mattress because the other one was actually hurting us. It was a Cali King that had been folded like a taco to get it into one of my many residences. Needless to say, it lost its support and, in turn, it didn't give us any. But....the new one is nice and firm. After we had it delivered and I put on the fitted sheet, Hunter jumped on it and rolled around. He gave it two paws up. Even though I have slept great for the past two days, I am still sleepy. I am currently working Day Three out of four in a row and twelve-hour shifts are long and torturous. I will be working four days in a row the weekend after Christmas. I switched days to meet up with Jess, Stef, and ??????????????????

Lately, I feel pretty (love my new hairstyle) but PORKY. All we do is snack at work. We sit in a room all night and wait for the phone to ring. I miss being able to get up and go!

I was happy to hear that Julie Whitt has received her lungs and is in recovery. Since I work in the field of tissue donation and we work in coordination with our local organ procurement agency, I get excited when the cycle comes full circle. Although it is a rough time for the donor's families, believe me when I tell you the quiet joy that they exude knowing that their loved one can help someone else.

Register to be a donor and educate your family about your decision.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 AM, Blogger Alex Trenoweth said...

Hey Melanie--Thanks for you encouragement. My first astrology article is up on my new astrology blog!

Love, P

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

mm sleep. Maybe that's what we need a new bed?

wow - those are some long shifts. Hope you recover soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Counters

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones